httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Burden" <...@burden.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rewrite url on the fly
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:44:50 GMT
No, because if you are calling an image relative to the root of secure.mysite.com, httpd would
have no way to know which customer site is meant. Except maybe by Referer, but that would
be flakey.

In your app can you enforce relative image URLs? I assume you cannot because the customer-sites
are not under your control?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben-Nes Michael
  To: Apache List
  Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 9:15 AM
  Subject: [users@httpd] rewrite url on the fly

  Hi All

  here is my problem:

  I have a virtual host for www.customer-site.com
  All the data is under /var/httpd/customer-site.com/www/html directory

  I supply SSL security for this site under diffrent virtual server ( ack secure.mysite.com
)

  the problem is that secure.mysite.com give solution to many web sites so a typical directory
is:

  Alias /customer-site /var/httpd/customer-site.com/www/html

  <Directory "/var/httpd/customer-site.com/www/html">
    Options Includes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  now when i write:
  https://secure.mysite.com/customer-site
  its lead to the same directory as
  http://www.customer-site.com

  The problem start when the html code has <image src="/images/an-image.jpg" />
  this is will result as a broken image under the secure directory as images directory will
be under /customer-site and not under /

  is there a way to fix such problem ? replacing "/" with "/customer-site" on the fly ?

  I played alittle with mod_rewrite but im not sure its capable of doing this

  Thanks fin advance

  Canaan Surfing Ltd.
  Internet Service Providers
  Ben-Nes Michael - Manager