httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] retreiving a document on another server
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:06:13 GMT
Hiya

My my servers are win2k too. I do it like this:

I map the shared disk/folder to a drive letter and then have the following
section in httpd.conf:

Alias /dirname/ "M:/"
<Directory "M:/">
     Options Indexes MultiViews
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

All the best

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wagner, Aaron
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 5:03 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] retreiving a document on another server

  I need to access .doc on a remote server and the service ID that Apache2 uses has access
to the shares.  Can I get the server to retrieve the file and serve it as a word doc the the
end users?

  I've tried:
  ProxyPass /mirror/foo \\crprchfnp05\e2e monitoring east\Midrange Operations\MIDOPS\something.doc

  and this:
  Alias /mirror/foo \\crprchfnp05\e2e monitoring east\Midrange Operations\MIDOPS\something.doc

  both server are W2k, thus i need the back slashes.

  I need the server to proxy pass the file because only the server id has access to the share.

  Thanx
  Aaron N Wagner
  PMON Team
  eSystems/Server Monitoring