httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] accessing a mapped drive from a cgi program
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:12:01 GMT
Hi people

I tried what Joshua suggested a while back but (most likely through me doing it wrong) it
didn't work. My server in question is a dedicated machine solely for apache, so I simply run
apache as an application instead of a service. This negates the need to have to mess around
with permissions as apache takes the permissions from the user you are logged in as. It also
gives the advantage that when I log in as administrator, it is not started.

All the best

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joshua Slive
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 3:05 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] accessing a mapped drive from a cgi program

  [Please post in plain text.]

  Most likely, what you need to do is change the windows service
  configuration for apache so that it runs under the permissions of a
  user that can access the network.  The default permissions do not
  allow access to a network drive.

  This configuration happens in the windows service panel, not in apache.

  Joshua.