httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to stop upload of certain file types in apache
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:20:12 GMT
Rajiv Ranjan wrote:
> I have a backend server to which file upload and download is possible.
> Apache is the proxy to this server. I want to restrict upload of certain
> file types into the server when they come from a certain IP range.

That would be a *lot* easier to do at the backend rather than at the proxy.

Assuming that you by "file upload" mean a POST request of which one body
part contains a "file", there is no header information about the type of the
file or files being posted. The file's mime-type may be in the request body,
preceeding the various parts (although the user-agent could lie), but this
information is not parsed by Apache and so you cannot create conditions upon
them.

The only way I can think of to do this at the proxy (Apache) is to use
Apache 2's input filter mechanism, but I doubt you want to do that.

Regards,
Robert Andersson