httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject [users@httpd] Sub-sub domains
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:21:02 GMT
Hi

I am setting up personal web pages on a domain so that if someone chooses
XXX123 then their URL would be XXX123.pwp.zoeballz.net. The DNS A record
would be wildcarded as *.pwp.zoeballz.net.

My question is - In the virtualhost section of httpd.conf, would a wildcard
AND name specific be valid?

E.g. would this work?

virtualhost 1 - xxx123.pwp.zoeballz.net >>>>>> dir1
virtualhost 2 - yyy345.pwp.zoeballz.net >>>>>> dir2
virtualhost 3 - *.pwp.zoeballz.net >>>>>> not-found-dir (so this catches
any
unknowns)

Reason is I do NOT want requests for unknown pwp subdomains to get the same
error page as the page for other subdomains. I run Apache 1.3.31 on this
particular server

Thanks,
Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community