httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zoe Ballz" <...@zoeballz.tv>
Subject [users@httpd] Accessing password file on other side of the world !!!
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:33:38 GMT
Hi people

Here's what I want to do:

I do web hosting partly with a resellers deal and the reseller host machine
is not on my network here. The reseller company do not allow VPN to access
files..

I want to set up some services on my machines here, on www2 subdomain of my
main domain but I only want those services to be accessible from customers
that have id's on the reseller machine. So I thought of maybe using
.htaccess in the dir for these services, but pointing at the passwords file
on the reseller machine. If it is possible I can allow access without having
to keep 2 password files in sync.

Reseller machine is FREEBSD, machine here is Win32. Both run apache 1.3.31

Any idea if its possible? Anyone got any examples please?

Many thanks

Zoe

http://zoeballz.net - Website Hosting for the Transgendered Community