httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Malka Cymbalista" <Malki.Cymbali...@weizmann.ac.il>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] query_string length
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:29:45 GMT
I'm not sure if this is relevant but if you are sending your query
string via a form and you are using the GET method, try using the POST
method.  GET has a limit on the number of bytes it can send.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Internet: Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036

>>> agabellini@intelcom.sm 15/06/2004 20:52:01 >>>
At 19.18 15/06/2004, you wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Andrea Gabellini wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm using Apache 2.0.49 and I need to use a very long query_string. I

>>notice that the server cut it about at 2048 bytes. Is it possible to

>>enlarge this value? If there isn't a config parameter, I can change
the
>>source code, but I didn't find where to made the change.
>
>The only place apache touches this is LimitRequestLine:
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestline
>
>But since the default limit is much higher than 2048, it is unlikely
that
>this is your problem.  More likely is that there is a limit in
whatever
>program (php, mod_perl, etc) you are using to process the request.
Note
>also that the client may have a limit.

Joshua,

thanks for your fast reply. I think that other modules (I use php) are
not
the problem. I made some tests using the test-cgi program that come
with
Apache and a php test page with only the phpinfo() function in it. The

result is the same. So probably it's the client...

Andrea

>Joshua.

---------------------------------------
The more faithfully you listen to the voice within you, the better you
hear
what is sounding outside. And only he who listens can speak.
Ing. Andrea Gabellini
Email: agabellini@intelcom.sm
Tel: 0549 886111 (Italy)
Tel. +378 0549 886111 (International)