httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <oogun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Name Based Virtual Host Questions?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:18:14 GMT
Hello all,

To start with, I am running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. My webserver
has been up and running for 6 Months, so I am still a newbie. Now I am
trying to had a couple more sites to my existing one.

My Server is on a LAN that is using a NAT router. So using the private
address range of 192.168.1.x, my server  IP address is 192.168.1.10
while the router LAN interface is 192.168.1.1 and the WAN has the public
IP address.

So here are my questions, is my configuration below okay, and secondly,
if I have to be explicit about the IP address in my namebasedvirtualhost
directive, the * stands for which IP address the server LAN address or
my Router WAN address?

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.site1.com
ServerAlias site1.com *.site1.com
DocumentRoot c:/apache/apache2/htdocs/site1/public_html
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.site2.biz
ServerAlias site2.biz *.site2.biz
DocumentRoot c:/apache/apache2/htdocs/site2/public_html
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.site3.org
ServerAlias site3.org *.site3.org
DocumentRoot c:/apache/apache2/htdocs/site3/public_html
</VirtualHost>

Thank you all in advance.

Ola