httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:48:20 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:35:15 -0700, Geoff Hartman <geoff@fivepack.net> wrote:

> I had noticed trouble with full paths when using PHP on Windows environments
> with Apache and IIS thus my suggestion. Are you saying it will not work, or
> that it is preferred. The reason I ask, is that I have found that in
> Windows, $FULL_PATH vars must be in Windows format depending on the
> configuration.

For any path that is interpreted by Apache, forward slashes are
preferred.  There are some very limitted circumstances where the path
is not interpreted by apache, but passed directly to windows (such as
piped logging programs), where you may need to use back-slashes.  But,
of course, then you have to deal with all sorts of escaping-issues.

Joshua.