httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gerard Isdell" <gerard.isd...@kinetic.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Error logs showing status 304 for images. Why?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:45:23 GMT
Thanks you both for your help.

But users have reported now that the problem has gone. In fact it looks like
adding the meta tags did work.

Thanks again,

Gerard

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gary Smith" <gary@primeexalia.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>, <users@httpd.apache.org>,
<gerard.isdell@kinetic.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:00:10 -0700
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Error logs showing status 304 for images. Why?

> What's the site load versus the number of children apache can spawn.
> If you have the default 20 and you have a high volume site then maybe
> they can't get the image because it is timing out.
>
> We ran into this with a site receiving about a million hits per day
> (including images).  They have many small images but during peak day
> usage they might have 50 people trying access the site which has 20-30
> images on it.  That's 1500 simultaneous requests.  In our can we bumped
> the children up to a much higher number and it seems to work well now.
> Because this clients would get broken images.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gary

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender immediately and do not use, store or disclose their contents.
Any views expressed are those of the individual sender and not of Kinetic
Information System Services Limited unless otherwise stated.

                           www.kinetic.co.uk