httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias problems
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:08:04 GMT

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Jason Whitson wrote:
> <VirtualHost 210.50.40.80>
> 	VirtualDocumentRoot /www/websites/%0
> 	ServerAdmin admin@domain.com
> 	ServerName www.domain.com
> 	ServerAlias domain.com
> 	DirectoryIndex index.php
> 	LogFormat "%V %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon
> 	CustomLog logs/domain.com_log vcommon
> </VirtualHost>

> Problem:
> I want to serve up sub domains of the address domain.com such as:
> jason.domain.com from the DIR /www/websites. From what I understand, all I
> have to do is name my directory jason.domain.com and everything will work,
> however this is not working.

Please define "this is not working".  What exactly happens when you try to
access this site?  What do the error and access logs say?  Do you have
your DNS setup correctly to map all the hosts to that IP address?  I
assume you don't have any other <VirtualHost> sections matching that IP
address?

Joshua.