httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_userdir PAM change
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:04:07 GMT

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Shaun Mitchell wrote:
> I'm wondering if it's possible to have the mod_userdir not user the default
> /etc/passwd file for finding users home directory but point it to a
> different passwd file, say /usr/loca/passwd?

Apache simply uses the os-syscall getpwnam (or similar) to get the path.
So if you can configure your OS to provide something different, then you
are fine.

Otherwise, you either would need to hack mod_userdir, or use mod_rewrite,
which is capable of doing substitutions based on a text database.

Joshua.