httpd-users mailing list archives

From Harald Falkenberg <harald.falkenb...@desy.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Using Mozilla 1.3 against 1.3.29 and 1.3.31 leads to different results
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:35:00 GMT
Hi,

I noticed, that since we upgraded apache from 1.3.29 to 1.3.31 we
encountered problems in script accesses via html forms and the post
method.

We used Mozilla 1.3 (on Linux) and Netscape, lynx, w3m  (on Linux).
- We only see problems with Mozilla!

First we noticed that the preferred language in Mozilla takes affect.
The default en-US leads to error, but changing just to en seems to access
the scripts again successfully. - Then we tried the following in the
httpd.conf file:
BrowserMatch "Mozilla" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
After restart of the server we also encountered no problems during script
accesses from Mozilla.

Doing again a downgrade of the apache server to 1.3.29 (using the same
conf files), the problem ofcourse vanish again.

Is there someone on the list who can explain the problem? It lloks like we
encountering a problem due to a change from 1.3.29 to 1.3.31 and the HTTP
1.1 implementation in Mozilla.

Any ideas and solutions are welcome!

thanks in advance
	Harald