httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] load balancing wih sticky session ??
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 05:05:56 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Michael Gale wrote:

> So my load balancer needs to be able to do HTTP session tracking so it
> can direct the client to the correct app server.

That was clear enough first time you asked.  The answer is that you can
do it, though I'm not aware of any point-and-click software for this.
To give a more detailed answer I'd need more detail from you; e.g. it
would be futile to suggest how to do it with session variables in your
URIs if you'r committed to cookies, or vice versa.

--
Nick Kew