httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] UTF-8 URLs problem
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:55:49 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, [iso-8859-2] ?sz Ferenc wrote:

> I've several files on my Apache (1.3.31) with hungarian accentuated
> letters. Browsers (IE, Opera default setting) send URL-s with UTF-8
> encoding, and the web-server cannot get these files. Logs ("élet.doc"):

Browsers need you to tell them the encoding of your documents.
Use addcharset/family directives.

So long as you tell browsers the charset the encoding of your documents,
what they do with it is up to them.  If you get problems from browser
bugs, the workaround is probably to avoid using characters that give
rise to the problems.

--
Nick Kew