httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony at Bluehaze <to...@bluehaze.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Proxypass of FTP via apache 2 - is it possible?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:56:38 GMT
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Yes, this should work (although I've never done it myself).  Just to
> be clear: the client would need to make an http request (not
> ftp://whatever) and then your reverse proxy could map that to the ftp
> server.
>
> Joshua.

   Aha - the penny is starting to fall.  So with proxy_ftp, I shouldn't
have apache *listening* on port 21 at all - I need a std virt host
container called (eg) ftp.blah which then proxies thru to the FTP machine?

Sorry to keep pounding on this - but what proxy lines would u use to make
that happen?  The doco in this area is still pretty sparse.  Would we use
proxypass or what?

      Tony