httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Cannot successfully build Apache 2.049 on Solar is 9
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:24:39 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Erin O'Neill wrote:

> I'm using gcc 3.3.2. It may be that your version of gcc has this bug with
> __floatdidf: referenced symbol not found. It's documented on google (though
> a bit hard to find). Upgrade your gcc and see if that works.
>
> good luck!
> erin
>

> >Hello
> >I am trying to build Apache 2.049 on Solaris 9 using gcc 3.1. I use the
> >following command to configure the server:
> >../configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-mods-shared=most
> >Make
> >Make install.
> >When I try to start the Apache server, I get the following error
> >message:
> ># ./apachectl start
> >Syntax error on line 237 of
> >/apps/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> >Cannot load /apps/apache2/modules/mod_auth_digest.so
> >into server: ld.so.1: /apps/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
> >
> >/apps/apache2/modules/mod_auth_digest.so: symbol
> >__floatdidf: referenced symbol not found
> >Any ideas as to what I am missing.
> >Thank you

You can also relink the mod_auth_digets.so with the static gcc lib and it
will statically link in all the symbols it needs:

Find libgcc.a:
/usr/local/bin/gcc -print-libgcc-file-name

cd <srcdir>/modules/experimental
(from modules.mk)

ld -G -o mod_auth_digest.so mod_auth_digets.slo \
	mod_auth_digest.lo \
        /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2.2/libgcc.a

cp mod_auth_digest.so <installdir>/modules

I haven't seen this issue with newer GCC's.

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services