httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.be>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Nobody else can access my server - Private IP?? help appreciated.
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:40:17 GMT
Hi,

you'll need port forwarding or NAT on your firewall.
Your PC has as ip 192.168.0.1 or something similar.  That's PRIVATE.  Inside
your network.
Your PUBLIC IP is on your firewall.  Check it here:
http://www.shimlar.com/ip.php
That's what the outside world sees.

Now, if you connect to the PUBLIC ip (firewall), you can then send (NAT or
port forwarding) all traffic to your PRIVATE IP.
Then your website will be visible outside your network.

Koen
  -----Original Message-----
  From: AceZero2790@aol.com [mailto:AceZero2790@aol.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 5:30 PM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: [users@httpd] Nobody else can access my server - Private IP??
help appreciated.

  To Whom It May Concern:
      Recently I installed the Apache 1.3.31 server, in hopes of running my
website off of my PC. Everything was setting up wonderfully until I found
that no other computers could access my website. A friend who is doing this
said it was because I had a "private IP address" that I could use and nobody
else can access. Is this true? If so, how do I remove this privacy setting?

  In general, does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

  Sincerely,
  Andrew

  PS: I have a firewall in place, but Port 80 (the HTTP port) is open, so I
don't think this is the problem.