httpd-users mailing list archives

From rlamb...@semi.org
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Concurrent sessions/mod_status data retention?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:14:46 GMT

Thanks Joshua.

So..I forgot to mention that this is a Windows box...I assume I can simply
set up any scheduler and run the script in this environment?  Anything
special to take into consideration?

-Rick

Rick Lambert
Sr. Notes/Domino Administrator
SEMI - Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International
Information Technology Department
rlambert@semi.org
408-943-7910

                    Joshua Slive

                    <jslive@gmail        To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    .com>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: [users@httpd] Concurrent sessions/mod_status
data retention?
                    06/29/2004

                    09:59 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:43:39 -0700, rlambert@semi.org <rlambert@semi.org>
wrote:

> I have enabled mod_status on our IBM/Apache 1.3 server to be able to view
> concurrent sessions.  This is great if I want to get a "snapshot" of how
> many sessions are active at the time I hit the server-status page.  I'd
> like to have historical data being logged so I can view connection
trends.

> What I really need to do is:
>
> 1.  Have this run at set intervals (I think I can do this via ?refresh
> =[interval].  Maybe there is a better way?)

Assuming you are unix, use cron.  See, for example:
http://www.unixgeeks.org/security/newbie/unix/cron-1.html

> 2.  I'd like to have the resulting concurrent connection data saved each
> time it is run somewhere where I could report from it

Use the ?auto query string to get a more compact version.

Apache includes a script for this purpose in the src/support
directory.  Or you can grab it from
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/apache-1.3/src/support/log_server_status

Edit the config stuff at the top and then have cron run it every x minutes.

Joshua.