httpd-users mailing list archives

From jeffrey_n_D...@Keane.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Moving apache from one host to another
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:56:15 GMT

>I'm just typing in the hostname on the browser ? ie.
http://my.host.name.edu.  If I type http://my.host.name.edu:5556 I get the
same errors.

>Do I need to re-run the configure, make and make install steps?  The doc.
makes it sound like I can change httpd.conf without re-doing any of that.

>Any ideas as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

 Can you get to it by ipaddress i.e. http://1.1.1.1:5556 ?  if so, your
problems may lie with DNS still pointing at your old host name.

Do you have any errors in the error_log? its likely not an apache issue,
but the traffic is not getting to your server.

HTH
Jeff