httpd-users mailing list archives

From "H. Carter Harris" <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject [users@httpd] isp setup
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:21:03 GMT
I've been googling and reading the o'reilly book on apache for a good
description of how to setup apache with the following features:

1. I'm going to be virtual hosting and several people will need to maintain
the sites via ftp.  I've seen some references to using
/home/domain_name/public_html for each domain.  Is that how you would do it?

2. Apache is working and serving up a default webpage but I'm having trouble
getting the right owners and permissions on the directories and files.  How
do I do it to give apache what it needs and keep the ftp access correct?

3. I want to run some cgi programs across these domains.  Where should I put
them?

Any information including a link to a good HowTo would be appreciated.

Carter