httpd-users mailing list archives

From psychomach...@mac.com
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite and virtual hosts
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:56:41 GMT
Hi guys.

I am having a weird problem with mod_rewrite on Mac OS 10.3.3 running
Apache 1.3. Basically, I had a nice set up working on my web hosting
provider's server, but I had to replicate the set up on my laptop in
order to present it at a meeting, where no internet connection will be
available. Now, on my local machine, the virtual host is set up ok, and
the directory index works, i.e. when I go to www.project.dev (which is
the name of my virtual host), I get to the right index page
(www.project.dev/start.php). But that's also where everything stops
working. None of the rewrites seem to take effect and I can't move from
the first page without getting "requested url not found" type of
message.

This is what I did in httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
     DocumentRoot /Users/psychomachine/Sites/www.project.org/
     ServerName www.project.dev
     ServerAlias project.dev
     RewriteLog "/Users/psychomachine/Desktop/rewrite.log"
     RewriteLogLevel 2
     RewriteEngine on
     <Directory /Users/psychomachine/Sites/www.project.org>
     DirectoryIndex start.php
     Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI MultiViews
     RewriteBase /
     RewriteRule !^start\.php.*$ -[C]
     RewriteRule !^data/.*$ -[C]
     RewriteRule !^data$ -[C]
     RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /start.php/$1
     </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

If anybody has any idea what could be going wrong here, please let me
know.
Psych