httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@boxstuff.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Serving Up JPS Pages
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:41:18 GMT
There are a few ways of configuring a Java/JSP enabled server. Yes you
need tomcat or another container this much is true, but is may not be
as straight forward as that.

Here are the options.

1. Use Tomcat's built in http server and forget using apache.
You will only be able to serve static content and Java/JSP (no perl/PHP
and so on). Just change the default port for the http server from 8080
to 80 and this will be okay for some situations, certainly for
development.

2. Configure tomcat and apache to talk to each other via mod_jk or
mod_jk 2.
This is harder work, but more common on production systems.
This document explains better than i can in this post
http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/
With this way of doing things you will also be able to have other
languages supported on your server.

HTH Mark