httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Ming" <Ming...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy vs name based virtual host
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:57:11 GMT
Josh - Thank you for getting back to me.  I turned the snoop on to monitor
the packages between the Proxy server and the content server.  I can see
packages reached the content server (proxied server), but could not see the
web site defined in the virtual host.  When I check the log files on the
content server, I can see the http request from the proxy server.  But the
information is stored in a log file at the Global level.  There is no
information stored in the virtual host log files.  That leads me to ask this
question.  When the ProxyPreseveHost is On, the host name of the proxy
server has been passed on to the back end server.  Will this affect the
apache engine of the back end engine to resolve name of the virtual host?
Probably does!?

- Ming