httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sean Boodoo" <s...@crystal-ware.com>
Subject [users@httpd] New to Apache. Need help to redirect.
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:07:31 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I am new to Apache and I am looking for a way to redirect a web request to a
different server. Here is the example. We have two addresses we are working
with here. One would be for example something.net and the other is
demo.something.net. Both of these are coming in to our Apache web server as
defined by the DNS. What I want to do, is if someone goes to
demo.something.net, they will actually be directed to another server machine
with a non apache web server on it listening on port 80 also.

So far it looks like I would use the Vitualhost container, but I have not
seen any good examples of this use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HYPERLINK "http://www.crystal-ware.com/" \n	 in any event...CMSLive!

Sean Boodoo
Executive VP 	Crystalware, Inc.
HYPERLINK
"http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=13500+Grand+Avenue+South&csz
=Burnsville%2C+Minnesota++55337-2713&country=us" \n13500 Grand Avenue South
Burnsville, Minnesota 55337-2713
USA
HYPERLINK "mailto:sean@crystal-ware.com" \nsean@crystal-ware.com
HYPERLINK "http://www.crystal-ware.com/" \nhttp://www.crystal-ware.com
tel:
fax: 	(952) 894-8191
(952) 894-8949

HYPERLINK "http://www.plaxo.com/signature" \nSignature powered by Plaxo
HYPERLINK "http://www.plaxo.com/signature" \nWant a signature like this?

HYPERLINK "https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=4295245461&v0=552837&k0=529431926"
\nAdd me to your address book...

   _____

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 6210 Spam messages and set aside
1304 Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  HYPERLINK
"http://www.ellaforspam.com"www.ellaforspam.com

---