httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chad Jackson [LJNet Consultants]" <ch...@ljnetconsultants.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Strange copy of index.htm that is not in the DocumentRoot on Apache/1.3.27
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:46:07 GMT
Michael.

Just taken this a step further to confirm that it is getting the files
across the net and not from a local cache. I setup a trace on the network
and sure enough it is getting the file from the apache server.

Here is the Virtual host conf, with the directory and the Directory listing

------------
cat /var/apache/conf/VW/tutorial.ljnetconsultants.com
<VirtualHost 196.3.167.92>
    ServerName tutorial.ljnetconsultants.com
    DocumentRoot /var/apache/VW/tutorial.ljnetconsultants.com
</VirtualHost>
------------
pwd
/var/apache/VW/tutorial.ljnetconsultants.com

ls -lar /var/apache/VW/tutorial.ljnetconsultants.com/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  14 root     root         512 Jun 15 13:25 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 chad     other        512 Jun 15 11:56 .

Try the following url and see if you get the page.
http://tutorial.ljnetconsultants.com/index.htm

Regards
Chad