httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Cairncross" <aloneatthemicroph...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache behind a router
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:45:09 GMT
ok so, I've scoured the internet for every resolution to fix this and still
haven't resolved the issue.

I'm running a Linksys wrt54g router with one computer on a wireless, and
mine directly to the router.

I can access apache when it's running on both the computers so I'm fine with
apache I assume. However I have the problem that I've read in many places,
that no one outside can access my server.

port forwarding is set properly to 80, directed to my machine's IP. if I try
and listen on another port and forward it accordingly, i just get the router
admin page.

when I try and do a port scan there is no response to my TCP.
I don't think it responds to any ping either. I disabled block anonymous
internet requests, so that maybe it would work, but that failed as well.

I'm sure the issue is my router and not apache
but I've been trying everything I possibly can to try and make it so that my
server shows up to other remote computers. It doesn't make sense that
everythign is set up properly, and my forwardning should work but apparently
it's not working for whatever reason.

Is there anyone that can help me resolve this?
I've searched FAQ's and tons of forum threads on the same exact problems to
no avail.

thanks for your time

~alex