httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kommuru, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Komm...@standardbank.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd by root at 99,9% (2.0.48/49 : httpd child ren multiplying and eating 100% of CPU)
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:14:49 GMT
I've not got chance to go through your info throughly...
Just quickly .. i think you must reduce your keepalive timeout setting
somewhere, Can you try this, unless if it is your application requirement.

-----Original Message-----
From: Devendra Singh [mailto:devendrasingh@indiamart.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 2:52 PM
To: Apache User Group
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] httpd by root at 99,9% (2.0.48/49 : httpd
child ren multiplying and eating 100% of CPU)

At 15/06/04 12:31 (), Kommuru, Bhaskar wrote:
>It may be helpful if can attach your httpd.conf file and more details as to
>howmany users concurrently accessing and your environment details
>Cheers,
>BK

Hi Kommuru,

Here is the Config Info:

Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1400MHz
RedHat Linux 2.4.20-20.9
RAM: 1GB, Swap: 2GB

Server-info
sapi_apache2.c, mod_perl.c, mod_rewrite.c, mod_alias.c, mod_userdir.c,
mod_speling.c, mod_actions.c, mod_imap.c, mod_dir.c, mod_negotiation.c,
mod_vhost_alias.c, mod_dav_fs.c, mod_cgi.c, mod_info.c, mod_asis.c,
mod_autoindex.c, mod_status.c, mod_dav.c, mod_mime.c, mod_ssl.c,
mod_setenvif.c, mod_usertrack.c, mod_headers.c, mod_expires.c,
mod_mime_magic.c, mod_env.c, mod_log_config.c, mod_deflate.c,
mod_include.c, mod_ext_filter.c, mod_auth_digest.c, mod_auth_dbm.c,
mod_auth_anon.c, mod_auth.c, mod_access.c, mod_so.c, http_core.c, worker.c,
core.c

Server-status
Server Version: Apache
Server Built: Mar 23 2004 14:03:49

Current Time: Tuesday, 15-Jun-2004 08:24:23 EDT
Restart Time: Tuesday, 15-Jun-2004 07:15:19 EDT
Parent Server Generation: 3
Server uptime: 1 hour 9 minutes 4 seconds
Total accesses: 21034 - Total Traffic: 68.7 MB
CPU Usage: u20.54 s1.83 cu.07 cs.1 - .544% CPU load
5.08 requests/sec - 17.0 kB/second - 3423 B/request
9 requests currently being processed, 21 idle workers

Server Version: Apache
Server Built: Mar 23 2004 14:03:49
API Version: 20020903:4
Hostname/port: xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxx:80
Timeouts: connection: 100    keep-alive: 100
MPM Name: Worker
MPM Information: Max Daemons: 6 Threaded: yes Forked: yes
Server Root: /usr/local/apache
Config File: conf/httpd.conf

# Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.
#
Timeout 100
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 10
KeepAliveTimeout 6

# worker MPM
# StartServers: initial number of server processes to start
# MaxClients: maximum number of simultaneous client connections
# MinSpareThreads: minimum number of worker threads which are kept spare
# MaxSpareThreads: maximum number of worker threads which are kept spare
# ThreadsPerChild: constant number of worker threads in each server process
# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers        3
MaxClients          90
MinSpareThreads     15
MaxSpareThreads     30
ThreadsPerChild     15
MaxRequestsPerChild  300
</IfModule>

[root@sls-f4p11 apache]# bin/httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
   core.c
   worker.c
   http_core.c
   mod_so.c

Devendra Singh

Devendra Singh
IndiaMART InterMESH Limited
(Global Gateway to Indian Market Place)
B-1, Sector 8, Noida, UP - 201301, India
EPABX : +91-120-2424945, +91-120-3094634, +91-9810646342
Fax: +91-120-2424943
http://www.indiamart.com
http://www.indiangiftsportal.com
http://www.indiantravelportal.com

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site <www.standardbank.co.za>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Standard
Bank Group Limited  is proprietary to the group.
It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of
the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the group.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender
immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read,
disclose or use the content in any way.
Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained
nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.