httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kommuru, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Komm...@standardbank.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd by root at 99,9% (2.0.48/49 : httpd child ren multiplying and eating 100% of CPU)
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:01:18 GMT
It may be helpful if can attach your httpd.conf file and more details as to
howmany users concurrently accessing and your environment details
Cheers,
BK

-----Original Message-----
From: Devendra Singh [mailto:devendrasingh@indiamart.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 6:42 AM
To: Apache User Group
Cc: Andrea Cerrito; Michel Jouvin
Subject: [users@httpd] httpd by root at 99,9% (2.0.48/49 : httpd
children multiplying and eating 100% of CPU)

Hi,

I was searching through the archive for a similar problem as mentioned by
Michel Jouvin in his thread "2.0.48/49 : httpd children multiplying and
eating 100% of CPU".

I am facing exactly the similar situation wherein the Ram usage goes on
increasing (httpd threads not getting released). Even after stopping the
Apache, these stale (not defunct) threads do not get released. I have to
kill them manually after stopping Apache and then starting it.

I too is using Apache 2.0.48 with worker MPM. Had been trying to apply all
sorts of tweaks for about three weeks.

Was any one able to find any clues?

Devendra Singh

Devendra Singh
IndiaMART InterMESH Limited
(Global Gateway to Indian Market Place)
B-1, Sector 8, Noida, UP - 201301, India
EPABX : +91-120-2424945, +91-120-3094634, +91-9810646342
Fax: +91-120-2424943
http://www.indiamart.com
http://www.indiangiftsportal.com
http://www.indiantravelportal.com

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site <www.standardbank.co.za>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Standard
Bank Group Limited  is proprietary to the group.
It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of
the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the group.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender
immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read,
disclose or use the content in any way.
Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained
nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.