httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kommuru, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Komm...@standardbank.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd.conf - tuning performance
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:26:54 GMT
After i have gone through the various MPMs like worker.c, prefork.c and
etc.., One question flashes in my mind.

My Apache2.0.49 came with prefork.c module. and I have noticed worker.c
module can be used in almost on all the operating systems. IS WORKER.C
MODULE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHERS/PREFORK.C ?

Thanks
Bhaskar

-----Original Message-----
From: Eugene Lee [mailto:list-apache@fsck.net]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 11:18 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] httpd.conf - tuning performance

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:32:52AM +0200, Kommuru, Bhaskar wrote:
:
: I am going through httpd.conf to tune apache for my environment and
: requirements.
: I have come across "<IfModule prefork.c>" and "<IfModule worker.c>".
:
: What is the difference between them?

They contain a block of configurable settings for the MPM chosen for
your build of Apache.

: Is it executed based on the operating system?

Some MPMs like worker and prefork are available for certain OSes based
on whether they have good thread support or not.  Other MPMs are coded
for specific OSes (e.g. BeOS, Netware, OS/2, Windoze).

: Please clarify me if any one knows!

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mpm.html

--
Eugene Lee

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site <www.standardbank.co.za>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Standard
Bank Group Limited  is proprietary to the group.
It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of
the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the group.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender
immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read,
disclose or use the content in any way.
Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained
nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.