httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Dewey" <willi...@email.uncc.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache will not start as service on XP
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:08:31 GMT
This problem is with Apache2 on WinXP SP1.  I can run apache in a
command window, but when I try to start it as a service it starts then
stops.  If I do this in the XP services module, it gives me a service
error code 1 and says to contact the software developer.  Apache does
not produce any logs indicating the problem.

I have searched Google and found a few forums with this problem related
but no fixes.  If anyone knows what is causing this please help!

Thanks

Dewey Williams
Lab Manager
Chemistry Dept.