httpd-users mailing list archives

From cnel...@nycap.rr.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd startup time
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:52:23 GMT
> cnelson@nycap.rr.com wrote:
> >>If Apache is taking 20-60 seconds to start, something is broke.
> Is
> >>yoursystem already under a heavy load before starting Apache?
> How
> >>much free
> >>memory do you have?  Does your system start to swap?  Does your
> Apache>>error_log reporting anything unusual?
> >

> > I'm working on a 50MHz, 16MB embedded system but there's nothing
> else really running that would use system resources.  No swapping
> that I've seen.  I'll look at the log closer later.
> >

> DNS lookups perhaps ?

Of what?  I've set my ServerName to 127.0.0.1.  There aren't any other hosts mentioned in
my httpd.conf. <shrug>

And I've checked now, my error_log is all but empty.  Three messages one of which is

[warn] pid file /usr/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache
run?

because I yanked power.