httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Saunders Jack" <jack.saund...@volvo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Host Header not being rewritten
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:08:06 GMT
Yes this would work if I was running Apache2.  I think the issue maybe with proxying to applications
running on IIS 6.0.  I too had this same issue with OWA 2003.

Jack Saunders
Netcomm/Middleware
Volvo Information Technology
Dept 440
Greensboro, NC 27409, USA

Telephone: 336-393-2334
E-mail: jack.saunders@volvo.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Yu, Ming [mailto:Ming.Yu@jhuapl.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:52 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Host Header not being rewritten

If the program has hard coded local host name into its URL, then I do not
see any solutions for that.  But if the application calls the local hostname
as a variable, maybe there is a solution.

I had a problem with Microsoft Outlook Web Access for Windows 2003 program.
The Outlook Web Access program calls the local host name, then it kept
reverse the URL to the OWA machine.  I finally found a fix, which is to
enable the ProxyPreserveHost on the apache engine.  This has been turned off
by default apache engine.  When it is turned on, it will pass the hostname
of the proxy server to the backend server.  That seems working fine with OWA
2003.

Good luck.

- Ming