httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rajiv Ranjan" <Rajiv_Ran...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to host apache (proxy) in DMZ ?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:03:18 GMT

From:	Yu, Ming [mailto:Ming.Yu@jhuapl.edu]
Sent:	Fri 25-Jun-04 9:07 PM
To:	'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject:	RE: [users@httpd] How to host apache (proxy) in DMZ ?

Good luck.

- Ming Yu

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajiv Ranjan [mailto:Rajiv_Ranjan@mindtree.com]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 11:23 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] How to host apache (proxy) in DMZ ?

Hi,

I am trying to host my apache server in DMZ.  Apache is a proxy to my
application which is in my domain. I am using mod_rewrite for URL rewriting.
I have 2 IP's for apache, one is a public IP and the other is a private IP
(I am using firewall).
My issue is that if I give the public IP of apache machine during URL
rewriting, it is not accessible on internet and if I give the apache
system's private IP, I get the first page of the site but all the links on
the front page have the URL containing the private IP of apache server and
so clicking on any link, I get a page not found error.

Can anyone please tell me how to configure apache for DMZ?

Cheers,
Rajiv.

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and
defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be
responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this
message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete
this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that
e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any
improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.