httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rajiv Ranjan" <Rajiv_Ran...@mindtree.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to host apache (proxy) in DMZ ?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:22:38 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to host my apache server in DMZ.  Apache is a proxy to my
application which is in my domain. I am using mod_rewrite for URL rewriting.
I have 2 IP's for apache, one is a public IP and the other is a private IP (I
am using firewall).
My issue is that if I give the public IP of apache machine during URL
rewriting, it is not accessible on internet and if I give the apache system's
private IP, I get the first page of the site but all the links on the front
page have the URL containing the private IP of apache server and so clicking
on any link, I get a page not found error.

Can anyone please tell me how to configure apache for DMZ?

Cheers,
Rajiv.

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening
attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited
(MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments
emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake
please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note
that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper,
untimely or incomplete transmission.