httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Flavin <r...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ap_hook_handler vs SetHandler -- my handler gets everything
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:28:16 GMT
The handler module I'm writing gets invoked for every web page.  I want
it only to be used in the LocationMatch area that I specify it in the
SetHandler directive for.  I'm porting the module from Apache 1.3 to 2.0.
Is this an intended change in the behavior of handler invocation (when I
use ap_hook_handler when I register_hooks in the module initialization?

If the semantics of hooking handlers implies the 'first handler to accept'
the request model, then should I not register the handler at all, and
expect SetHandler to call 'modname_handler()' magically?