httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Erin O'Neill" <...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] segmentation fault
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:37:50 GMT
Vince - I had this very problem yesterday. I'm on a Sparc 8, trying to run:
Apache 2.0.49, PHP/5.0.0-dev. I was also starting with the  "startssl"
command (but had same result with the plain start)and also got the seg
fault when I loaded the php module. I commented out the php LoadModule and
everything started up fine. But I need PHP.

Last night I got a flat tire on the hiway while I was driving home so I had
to come in late today. I think I was more awake when I looked at my error
logs. I'm also running webauth and it seems that when I was trying to get
Apache 2.0.49 compiled with openssl and various modules I started with a
clean install of my Apache files and forgot to transfer over my webauth and
ssl directories. Once I created those with the correct permissions, I
uncommented the PHP loadmodule directive and WHAM! my apache came up
without seg faulting.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why my SSL server is giving me that
dreaded Cannot find server error -- but I'm working on another post for that.

This very long winded answer is -- check your error log. FIX ALL ERRORS and
then try again.

Hope this helps.

erin

erin