httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Okeby <rich...@whitecloud.co.nz>
Subject [users@httpd] newbie -first steps
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:38:11 GMT

>Hi

I have bought a whole bunch of celeron 400mhz boxes, with the idea of
moving my website to my own server. I want to setup a webserver,
mailserver, primary dns, and a secondary dns with four of the boxes, maybe
using the rest for a firewall, fileserver and some backup webservers. I
have a friend whos already done this so I can get some help, but dont want
to waste to much time with him doing the grunt work... at this stage im
installing freeBSD on the boxes, and I have apache ready to go, but I would
like to have an overview of what steps im going to take next. Can someone
recommend a tutorial or site that will help me with this project?

thanks for the help,

richard