httpd-users mailing list archives

From Elmar Eigner <webmas...@elmar-eigner.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Fold Case with mod_rewrite
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:32:48 GMT
Hello,

first, i'm new to this lsit, you may want to know some shorts about me.
I'm an german developer focussing to internet applications, mostly on LAMP
Systems.

I'm quite used in working with mod_rewrite, but one thing i couldn't handle
out yet, maybe someone here can help or even explain it?

The Cases:

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z]+)\.html$ /script.php?var=$1 [QSA,L]

if i request Hallo.html it rewrites to script.php?var=hallo

the same with subdomains

... paar conditions und dann ...
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ %{HTTP_HOST}$1 [C]
RewriteRule ^([^\.]+)\.domain\.de(.*)?$ /dir/$1/$2 [L]

i request http://User.domain.de and it is rewritten to http://user.domain.de
(in that case, even the adressbar of the browser changes to lowercase :-o )

Kind regards and heavily interested in your response

Elmar Eigner