httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Neu <da...@netwerx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: virtual IP based hosting with static IP?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:18:45 GMT
Hi,
i assume you have the following setup:

Webserver <----> NAT gateway <---> Internet

- webserver has one private ip
- the nat gateway has one official ip and forward ports 80 and 443 to
the webserver using NAT
- your dns entries point to the official ip of the router

i assume you want to:
- host multiple websites for different domains on the webserver
- host one https (SSL) site on the webserver

is this what you want to do?

if it is:

things to do
- make sure the router forwards port 80 and 443 to your webserver
- set up name based virtual hosting for the "normal" (http) domains

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName domainname1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName domainname2
</VirtualHost>

and so on for all your domains
see: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/examples.html for some examples
of VHosts

- set up one VHost for the https requests

<VirtualHost *:443>
	SSLEngine On
</VirtualHost>

remember that all requests to port 443 to any of the domains pointing to
your server will be serverd by this "SSL-VH"

David

[and please post in plain-text]