httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual hosts
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:22:57 GMT

bill.garrett@cox.net wrote:

>I am not able to figure out what I am doing wrong as far as setting up virtual hosts.
 I have one IP address (64.58.188.239) that I am trying to use for multiple sites. I am using
no-ip.com to point the host names to my IP address. Below is my section 3 from httpd.conf.
 Can anyone help me figure this out?

> Thanks,
> Bill
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *>

Though you have not given us any error messages in your error log, but I
guess you got error messages something like mixed name based and ip
based virtual hosts. Please either  take away the port number 80 from
your NameVirtualHost directive, or add the port number 80 to each your
VirtualHost directive.

Best

Bao