httpd-users mailing list archives

From vince <vincent.dom...@tiscali.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] segmentation fault
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:17:54 GMT
when i try to launch apache i have the following output :

# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start
/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl: line 99:  3171 Segmentation fault
$HTTPD -k $ARGV

some details that may help :

apache version : 4.0.49
php : 4.3.7

# uname -a
Linux krumble 2.6.6-1.435 #1 Mon Jun 14 09:09:07 EDT 2004 i686 athlon
i386 GNU/Linux

my system is fedora core 2 updated through apt from fresrpms.net

this box is a workstation, not a prod server, and other programs are
running. this problem occured some time (dunno exactly how much time,
and if it has smthing to do with) i installed eval version of vmware
worstation.

my question is : do i have to reinstall an os or is there a workaround
to make apache work again ?

thx !

vince