httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Whitson <ja...@visionxtreme.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias problems
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:37:10 GMT
It partially works...

When I type in an address such as 'jason.domain.com' I get a DNS error
page (Internet Exploder 'Page Cannot be displayed'). When I type in
'domain.com' I actually get the content that is located in
/www/websites/domain.com. If I check the logs, the request for
domain.com shows up, but nothing else.

I have 4 directories under the /www/websites directory and they all
follow the correct naming convention (jason.domain.com, joe.domain.com,
etc..). For some reason it just doesn't work.

As for DNS, I have 'NS' records, and 2 'A' records for www.domain.com
and domain.com. So I don't think that is the problem, but I could be wrong.

Does that help at all?

Thank You,

- Jason