httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alois Treindl <al...@astro.ch>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.0 accesslog timestamp differs from apache 1.3
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:45:34 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> * Alois Treindl <alois@astro.ch> wrote:
>

>>Can't this option not be controlled via a configuration directive,
>>instead of a compile time constant? or would this require too many brain
>>  cycles of the developer?
>

> patches welcome ;-)
> Preferrably an option to LogFormat, CustomLog, TransferLog and CookieLog.

I think this should simply be fixed and revert to the 1.3 behaviour.

The argument with 'server cpu cycles saved' is reidculous - looking up
the system clock is a very cheap call. The actual cpu cycles used are in
formatting and printing the log entry field, and that is the same
whether current time, or begin of request time is logged.