httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David W. Gulley" <d-gul...@dstny.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Environment diference between UNIX and windows
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:23:10 GMT
I am new to Apache (just installed today) and I am trying to understand
if I have a missed configuration or am just seeing the difference in the
way Unix and windows handles the reporting of the ENVironment strings.
Also I may be seeing a perl issue instead of a Apache one...

   I have setup Apache on a Win2000 system with ActivePerl and can
access the server form other computers in my network. Perl seems to work
fine except:
   When retreiving the environment variables
      for example $ENV{SCRIPT_FILENAME}
   Unix gives a path with no drive:
       /home/user/public-html/cgi-bin/myperl.pl
   and windows includes the drive:
       C:/home/user/public-html/cgi-bin/myperl.pl

Is there a way to prevent the drive from being included in the path?
Is there a way to have the server "know" that files are at a path
       C:/root/morepathstuff/home/user/...
   but so that it reports that the path is /home/user/...

Bottom line:
    Does the server always report the actual physical path when it
provides the environment variables?

If it is in the manual or the archives, I did not find the right key
words to find anything about it...

Thanks,
David