httpd-users mailing list archives

From tachu <ta...@ucguate.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting Cookie in apache
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:38:11 GMT
Hello I was able to succesfully set apache with mod proxy to act a
compression server of another old server that didnt support it. now my
problem is that on my app server when i record the user ip i always get
my apache's ip. So by seeing the previous compression server that we
where using I noticed that what this other server does is that it sends
a cookie to the app server together with the request where it specified
the users ip. So my question is how do i setup apache to send a cookie
with the original request ip. I kind of had an idea of doing the following
RequestHeader Append Cookie "RealIP=IP" but my problem is getting the
real ip. I know mod_log has access to it via %h  so basically is there a
way of setting an enviroment variable that contains the request Ip
thanks a lot for your help

Jose Avila