httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Gordon <mgord...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Missing larger images
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 04:41:24 GMT
Joey Hewitt wrote:

>Darryl Bartlett <darryl@stanthorpe.net> wrote:
>

>>Hello.
>>
>>I installed Apache 2.0.49 a couple of days ago and the installation went
>>smoothly. I also installed PHP 4 and Sun One ASP, and these also installed
>>smoothly, but any web pages that I view on the Apache server have some of
>>the images missing (displays as an empty square with a red cross in
>>

>top-left
>

>>corner). I've tried viewing the pages in both IE6 and Mozilla.
>>
>>After some head scratching I realised that it was only the larger images
>>that were missing; the biggest image that I've observed that has worked is
>>2550 bytes. I checked the logs and there are no errors and the access log
>>shows a code of 200 for the missing images.
>>
>>I'm running Windows XP with service pack one and all of the latest
>>

>patches.
>

>>I've tried uninstalling everything and then installing just Apache, but it
>>still had the same problem.
>>

>I've gathered from this list that Apache and Windows don't play well
>together unless you try combinations of the following directives:
>
>EnableSendfile Off
>EnableMMAP Off
>Win32DisableAcceptex
>
>Indeed, I think the problem of large files breaking is a common sympton that
>can be solved with the Sendfile directive there.  I've never tried Apache on
>Windows, but these seem to have worked miracles for people in the past.
>Hope this helps,
>==Joey

Hello Joey,

I thank you for answering Darryl's question, I had a similar problem
where no images would load after installing ZoneAlarm on my Windows XP
Pro PC.  Prior to installing ZA Apache and Win XP worked well together,
ZA could only tell me that ZA was never meant to be used with a server.
So, I scratched my head and wonder what in the world is the Internet if
not a connected string of servers.

The only attribute I could not find was the Win32DisableAcceptex, it is
possible it is not included in some win 32 builds for Apache?

Thanks again, I can not pre test all my web sites before uploading.

Michael Gordon

>>I'm new to Apache, having used IIS in the past, and would appreciate any
>>suggestions.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>>Darryl Bartlett
>>Golden Orb Web Design