httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eben <e...@bakedbean.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite and apache 2.0.47 question
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:45:50 GMT
I am running apache 2.0.47 on fedora core1.  I set up a standard name
based vhost and the set up the RewriteEngine On directive in the
.htaccess file.  I am getting the following logged error:
/home/site/www/.htaccess: RewriteEngine not allowed here

All other .htaccess directives seem to be working as expected, and
.htaccess is specified as the htaccess file in the main conf.

It's curious becuase I have the exact same scenario set up on both win2k
and another linux server both running apache 2 and this works fine in
the .htaccess.  I must be missing some access directive or something in
my conf... any suggestions or insight is appreciated.