httpd-users mailing list archives

From xan <...@johnnytravel.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ssi-problem
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:08:44 GMT
Uthra Rao wrote:

> We migrated from Apache 2.0.48 to 2.0.49 and had problems with SSI. We
> had basically copied the httpd.conf file from the previous version
> where SSI worked fine. I found out that a mismatched quote in our html
> page in the SSI command was the problem. Once I corrected that it
> works fine now. Just sharing my experience with SSI.
>
> URAO
>

> At 09:43 PM 6/9/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a question about Apache 1.3 SSI and folders.
>> I'm using Xandros 2.0 Linux.
>> I have SSI enabled on my web pages. Site 1 and index.shtml is the
>> document root and site 2 and site 3 are in folders in the root.
>> (/var/www)
>> SSI is working fine in site 1 but is not working at all in site 2 and 3.
>> All the ssi pages has the extension shtml and has +includes in each
>> directory and the includes_module is enabled. Also these settings in
>> httpd.conf:
>> AddType text/html .shtml
>> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
>> DirectoryIndex index.shtml
>> I also tested with a .htaccess file in a web site folders directory
>> with the addtype and addhandler options but no change.
>>
>> Have someone else had this strange problem and/or know how to solve it?
>> I would be glad for your help.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Johnny
>>
>> .

> .

Thanks Uraho,

for your reply,
I've checked and tested the commands in my web pages over and over again.
Almost dreaming about them.  This is how they looks: <!--#include
file="ssi-mall1.txt"-->
And I have textfiles with the same name as: ssi-mall1.txt.
Could it be something else? I have also deleted the web folders and
emptied the cache and
history of the browser. In case there were some old cache of some error
page.

Then restarted Apache with new copies of the web folders but no change.
I think this is a mystery.
Has it something to do with my other computer with Apache 2.0 is
running? On the same network.
That one runs at port:80 all the time and with this one I'm using
port:81 when I test it.  It can't be that, can it?

Thanks again for the reply and if you or someone else have some new
hints, please tell me.

Regards
Johnny

.