httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laura Vance <van...@winfreeacademy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] assembly language and apache
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:39:18 GMT
The thing is that you can do whatever you want in C or C++.  All you
have to do is intercept the keyboard signal and translate it into
whatever you want.  I've written several programs over the years in C
that directly read the keyboard and acted on its input.  It would not be
a far cry to have the "action" from the keyboard input go directly to
the speakers as different tones.  It's only limited by your creativity.
So, essentially, if you don't think you can do it in C or C++, then odds
are "you" cannot, but other people can.

I remember seeing a motivational poster somewhere that said something
like "if you think something can't be done, don't stand in the way of
the person doing it."  I don't remember the exact wording, but the
message is the same.

Something else to consider is that most solid state controllers these
days are written in C and compiled, then burned into a PROM chip.  The
controller in your car was likely written in C/C++ or some proprietary
derivitive that would only consist of proprietary objects.  Your digital
microwave, your cell phone (though some are written in Java these days),
most operating systems, computer device drivers and controller
software.  It's all in or based on C/C++.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance